Tuesday, December 7, 2010

25 Days of Christmas - Day #7

Tonight we read one of my favorite Christmas books - "Santa's Favorite Story". Last year I saved this one for Christmas Eve and had planned to do that again, but thought perhaps it might be best to read it early (and often) between now and Christmas.

It's a great book - marrying the religious and the secular aspects of the holiday nicely - making sure to downplay the secular and focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I appreciate the fact that it doesn't discount "Secular Santa" and the role he plays during Christmas. I love that it's Santa himself sharing the true reason for the festivities - explaining to the forest animals that he's not the reason for the gifts, he just gets the honor of helping others celebrate the birth of Christ.

I'm sure if it's like most other "new" books that I've read with Camden, we'll read it a hundred more times between now and Christmas...but that's fine with me. Not only is it Santa's Favorite Story...it's mine too.

No comments: