Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Look at me!!!

Since I am well on my way to becoming a big boy and it won't be but another couple of weeks or so until I get my first taste of something other than milk, mom and dad decided to give my big boy chair a test run.

Mommy's constantly reading all of these "advice" books, websites, magazine articles, etc. to get ideas for what to expect in my ever changing stages of life. Most of the good advice she's gotten though has come from her friends that are mommies and have been there, done that. She's in a mommies group here in Dallas and one of her new friends recommended that she not wait to introduce the high chair and the new food all at the same time - it might be over load to my otherwise not very exposed to lots of things self. Which is a good idea - I tend to have sensory overload on regular occasion. So we're going to do at least one meal a day in the big boy chair between now and my 6 month birthday when I get to start eating rice cereal (which my cousin Jay says is fabulous!).

I wanted to share with you how well I did with the experience. Really though, take one look at me, I don't really care where I am eating, as long as I am eating. She could probably stand me on my head and as long as that bottle is in my mouth I am good to go.

I also like to kick my legs - a lot - all the time - even when I am eating. I figure...why wait until the pounds are packed on to start working out. I say, work it off as it's going in...stay ahead of the game, that's my motto!

Check it out!


I'm a Big Boy! from Mandy Jo on Vimeo.

I am sure that there will be lots of things to post in the next few weeks, but definitely check back toward the end of September so you'll get to see how I well I've learned to handle the solid food - and to see how well mom and dad have learned to feed it to me!

No comments: