Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm Coming Out

I have this picture in my head that my child is dancing around in utero to Diana Ross and the Supremes..."I'm coming out...I want the world to know..." and I am just sitting here waiting for him to do just that.

Okay, so maybe "sitting here waiting" isn't the right terminology...it's more like, I am moving around the house cleaning while waiting for him to make his debut.

Another appointment yesterday revealed that I am 4-5 cm. dilated and the effacement is pretty much done so it's just a matter of him deciding that he wants to leave his warm home of nine months and come to the cold lingering winter of the mid-west.

Several friends have recommended what one friend called "the three s's of inducing labor" - speed walking, spicy food and sex. I have continued going to Jazzercise (albeit not 6-8 times a week like I do in the summer...more like once or twice a week), I am on the verge of eating hot sauce packets from Taco Bell straight up (no sense watering down their effectiveness with a taco, right?) and while I can't really discuss the sex part (my parents read this blog) let's just say Ryan is more than willing to "take one for the team" - but alas, "junior" is still holding out.

My contractions have gotten a lot stronger and more frequent...although it's difficult to time them when you are hard at work trying to educate the young, impressionable minds of middle schoolers...but perhaps I should start doing that sooner rather than later...

We'll keep you posted...

No comments: