Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Wheels on the Xterra Go Round and Round

This is our take on the classic "wheels on the bus" tune...

We "officially" left Omaha on June 7th and headed to Dallas. After a 10 hour 2-day drive stopping overnight in Oklahoma City, we arrived in Dallas on the 8th. The movers were here with our stuff that same day and we started the process of unpacking.

We didn't get very far though, because on June 10th, we loaded up again for an 18 hour 2-day drive to North Carolina. We were able to spend the night with our dear friends Ben and Charrisa in Meridian, Mississippi along the way (thanks again for letting us crash at your place!). Once we got to NC, Ryan, Camden, Millie and I spent the rest of the week together bouncing back and forth between visiting Ryan's mom and my parents. Ryan flew back to Omaha for a couple more weeks of work on Father's Day...

Camden, Millie and I hung around in North Carolina and continued to bounce back and forth from my family to his. I was able to spend some time with my siblings, my grandmothers, my great aunts, my Uncle Wayne and Aunt Betty, and also so see Ryan's Mamaw and his aunt Bonnie. Of course, none of these people wanted to see me, they were mostly interested in meeting Camden.

Speaking of the little guy...he's not so little anymore. In the time that we were home, he outgrew his diapers and all the clothes that I had taken home with us. And being the frugal gal that I am and knowing that he had a ton of clothes in his dresser back in Dallas, I just kept sticking all those arms and legs into those clothes for a few more days. =) I'll post a pic of him in his current state of largeness when I get a chance to get them off the camera.

Camden, Millie, my mom, my sister and I left North Carolina on Friday the 27th (this time doing the trip in 3 days - thanks to JoAnn and Ben in Hartwell, GA and Ben and Charrisa again for letting us stay with you on the way) and arrived back in Dallas on the 29th. Ryan finished up in Omaha and headed down on the 28th - doing the 10 hours from there to here in one day...it's a lot easier to do when you don't have to stop for feedings and diaper changes. =)

We're still unpacking boxes and getting settled in our apartment. Ryan started work today at UT Southwestern and Camden and I walked around the lake, took a nap, unpacked more stuff, and ran some errands. We're still working on finding our way around out here and we'll probably start looking for a home later this month.

We'll keep you all posted on the house hunting progress and how things are going with our new jobs - Ryan's at the Med Center and mine with Camden. Most importantly - because this is really the only reason you check this site - we'll update you with Little Man and we'll post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

The Cummings Family said...

Glad to know you've started the settling process!
Let us know how things continue to go!
Patti (James, Benjamin and Baby as well)