Sunday, July 6, 2008

Welcome to the Big D


We have arrived. After a month of my mom and dad dragging me all over the southeast, I finally get to sleep in my own bed again. I am sure you've all read the last post my mom did, so I won't bore you with the details of how we got from Omaha to Dallas via North Carolina...no, my parents aren't geographically challenged although you would think so looking at the TripTik they had printed.

I will update you instead on how things are going now...

I got to see my first Fourth of July fireworks this past Friday night. Mom spent most of the day trying to get me to say "Independence Day" - what an over-achiever...I am still working on getting my hand in my mouth on a regular basis..."Independence Day" is still a long way off...

I enjoyed the fireworks. I think the parental units were a little concerned about the noise...but I quickly eased their fears when I fell asleep 5 minutes into the 15 minute show. I woke up again during the finale but slept peacefully while we sat in traffic and then all the way home.

Saturday we spent most of the day driving around town looking at houses my parents have found on the Internet. I slept through most of that too. You'd think they would just like to be settled in one place for a while, but I think the lack of space in the apartment and the fact that my "big sister" Millie has no yard is pushing them to start the house hunt right away.

Today we started the hunt for a new church. This one I chose not to sleep through...at least not all of it. Mom and I spent about half the sermon outside in the foyer while I "decided" if I was going to sleep or not but Dad got to hear the whole thing and they both liked it. I really liked the music...granted, it wasn't as good as it was with my future father-in-law Rob, but it'll do. =)

After eating lunch today with Aunt "Doody" (Judy) and Uncle Tim, we drove around and looked at a few more houses (again...sleepy time for me) and then we spent the rest of the day just enjoying being home together.

I think I am going to like being a "Texan" - Dad says I am a Husker and Mom says I'm a North Carolinian by proxy, but take one look at that picture and I'll just end with a "yee haw" and you can decide...

1 comment:

The Cummings Family said...

Cameron,
You're such a big boy! I like your new bib! Please say hi to Mommy and Daddy for us!
Patti James and Benjamin Cummings