Thursday, February 4, 2010

Forgive me, Blog Readers, for I have sinned...

It's been 34 days since my last posting...my sincerest apologies...

In my defense, I was without a computer for 10 or more days of those 34 so you should at least cut me a little slack. My laptop was possessed by the devil or something b/c we couldn't get it to do anything except get halfway through the boot-up process before beeping, freezing and then just sitting there. Ryan had to lay hands on it (and install a new hard drive) but now all is right with the world and I am back to the land of Facebook, Blogspot and Gmail on a regular basis.

My second defense is that January was just plain boring...there wasn't that much to write about. After the whirlwind December we had - full of parties, gifts, trips home to NC - it seemed as though all we did in January was hang around the house and "recover" from the previous month. I had a couple of OB appointments - one included the ultrasound where I learned that I DO NOT still have placenta previa (yeah!!!) and I don't have to schedule a planned C-section for baby #2. We also learned that Baby #2 is still a girl...which was a relief since I've already sorted through more than 14, 28-gallon totes full of girls clothes that have been given to me by my generous friends - not to mention that my pal Kristina had already ordered the extremely girlie shower invitations. :o)

Camden has, for the most part, spent the entire month eating. Literally...I have no idea where he puts all of this food. I am starting to think that his legs are hollow. Seriously...one morning he had 3 bowls of oatmeal, a cereal bar, 2 clementines, and a bowl of cereal before I cut him off. I know all the "experts" tell you that kids his age should just be allowed to self-regulate in their food consumption, but I had to cut him off...we were running out of food for the next day! His other new "trick" is to count to three himself when he knows that he's doing something he shouldn't be. For example, tonight he stood up on the sofa and when I looked at him and told him to choose knees or bottom, he responded by saying, "one...two...sit" and then promptly sat down. Of course Ryan and both busted out laughing, which warranted the response, "I'm funny" from our precious child.

It's safe to say that there's just not a lot going on around here...which is kinda nice considering how much will be going on around here in just a few short weeks. It's hard to believe we're only 9 weeks away from the due date. We're getting pretty excited - I was hesitant in the beginning, but the more dresses, bows and shoes I receive from friends, the more excited I get about having more than just jeans and tshirts in the clothing rotation. Camden, for his part, is pretty excited about having a baby at our house too. I don't know how much he really understands, but if I point to my belly and ask him who that is he always replies, "As-uhn" and then leans in to kiss my belly...and gets upset if I don't let him "kiss the baby". I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this sweet spirit he has now will continue even after she arrives.

I promise to get some pictures posted soon too - we have our pregnancy photo session coming up mid-month while my mom is here to visit (this way she can wrangle Camden while we get the shots that he won't be included in) and then of course there's Camden's birthday in March so I am sure we'll have lots of pictures to share from our train ride with Thomas. Above all else, I promise not to go another 34 days without posting something so check back soon for all of the "not so exciting" things that are going on around here! :o)

No comments: