Thursday, August 19, 2010

An Attainable Goal

Perhaps the best thing for me to do right now is not commit to posting on a routine basis. Seriously, I thought I was busy in college...then I graduated and got a job...I thought I was busy working full time...then I got married...and thought I was busy being a wife while working said full time job...then I had one kid and found I was busier than I'd ever been before...even though I'd stopped "working" to stay home...

Then we had our second child and there are some days when I feel like I deserve recognition for taking a shower before dinner time! I'm not kidding...busy has taken on a whole new meaning. Between keeping both of them fed, diapered, educated, entertained, and socialized...I have barely a second to myself. It doesn't help that they have "opposite" nap routines - i.e. she's asleep when he's awake and vice versa. And I have to admit...when I do get that coveted moment alone, the blog just isn't high up on the priority list...getting that shower in and possibly going to the bathroom with complete privacy, now that's a priority!

The ease and availability of Facebook has also allowed me to feel like I can "slack off" in the blogging area. I can snap a picture on my phone and upload it directly to my FB page - one little statement and hitting upload vs. finding the cable, connecting the phone/loading the SD card, logging in, writing a blog post, etc. and you can see how with my limited "free time" FB is just so much more attractive. Because so many of you that read the blog are also my (or Ryan's) Facebook friends and you see the pictures, read the funny things Camden says, and generally know how things are going with us, I just let the blog slip by the wayside. However, I do understand that not all of you are on Facebook and to you, I apologize for the lack of update...

My last "excuse" is that MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) is getting ready to start in the fall - and while I was busy last year serving as Hospitality Coordinator for a group at a church here in Irving, I've reached a new level of busy this year as I hesitantly obeyed God's calling to start and coordinate a group at my home church. God has blessed that (initially reluctant) obedience and I am so excited to have 56 moms and 81 kids registered for our group this year. We are now down to the wire in our preparations - lining up speakers, placing moms at tables, training table leaders and mentor moms, etc. etc. etc. So when the kids are finally in bed for the night, I use what little time I have before passing out from exhaustion to work on MOPS stuff and catch up with Ryan.

My hope is that as Camden starts his two day a week preschool on September 7th and MOPS launches on September 20th, things will slow down for me a little and I can have a little more time to myself. Blogging may not get moved up on the priority list, but hopefully the increase in the amount of free time I have will allow me to get to things I don't normally have time for.

In the meantime, since I know for a fact there are a few of you who are eagerly awaiting current pics of the kids, here are few from our recent beach trip to tie you over...






1 comment:

Angela said...

Way to Go on the whole MOPS deal!! BTW, your sweet baby girl is so frickin' cute!! So is her big brother. :]