Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nine years...and counting...

Happy Anniversary to us!!!

It's so hard to believe that Ryan and I have been married for nine years today...and since we started dating in 1996, we've been together in some form of a relationship for nearly 14 years! Over the years we've taken vacations, dined a fancy restaurants, and spent quality time engaging in our favorite hobbies/pastimes to celebrate these anniversary milestones. So, how does a couple in our current stage of life celebrate year #9 you might ask? Why, by getting the kids to bed early so that we can enjoy some takeout on the sofa and hopefully get in a little meaningful conversation before the baby needs a new diaper or to be fed again, of course! :o) And we wouldn't have it any other way...

Before I grab the takeout menu and start thinking about dinner...please indulge me for a posting's worth of a mushy anniversary message to him...

Nine years into this sacred institution of marriage, I can safely say there's no one with whom I would rather be institutionalized! :o) Seriously, I just want you to know how thankful I am that you are a part of my life and there's not a day that goes by that I take your presence for granted. I've known for a long time what a wonderful man you are...and I've known for several years what a wonderful husband you are...but now to see over the past couple of years what a great father you are, I know that I am truly blessed to have you in my life.As each year passes and we move in and out of various life stages, I am thankful to have you to walk through them with me...I can't wait to see where the journey will take us next. Knowing that you'll be in all of my tomorrows makes my today so wonderful!

James Taylor said it best...how sweet it is to be loved by you...

I needed the shelter of someone's arms,
     and there you were
I needed someone to understand my ups and downs,
     and there you were
With sweet love and devotion
Deeply touching my emotion
I want to stop and thank you baby
I just want to stop and thank you baby

I close my eyes at night
Wondering where would I be without you in my life
Everything I did was just a bore
Everywhere I went it seems I'd been there before
But you brighten up for me all of my days
With a love so sweet, in so many ways
I want to stop and thank you baby
I just want to stop and thank you baby

You were better for me than I was for myself
For me there's you and there ain't nobody else
I want to stop and thank you baby
I just want to stop and thank you baby

How sweet it is to be loved by you!


No comments: